Saturday, November 15, 2014

11/13/2014

Hey,

So early this morning we left Johannesburg and flew to Cape Town I have to say that it is the most beautiful place that I have ever laid eyes on. The mountains are vast and shrouded by mist. The weather is warm and their is a exotic smell in the air. The city has many amazing looking buildings. We left Joberg at 8:00 am and arrived at Cape Town at like 11:00 am. We were greeted by the APs and President Merrill. We then drove to the mission home witch is in a very fancy part of the city.  President Merrill is a good guy. I could tell from the start that we was VERY STRICT. He made it very clear that obedience was important. We learned from the APs that he had sent 7 missionaries home 2 weeks ago for not being obedient. After we got settled in at the mission home, the APs took us up to the mountains and we got to take some of the most amazing pics. After that , they drove us to the poorest part of the city and had us street contact. You couldn't believe the amount of poverty that these people live in. I learned that my trainer is from the UK and I will be serving in the Cape Town North zone. I also learned that my trainer can't drive and our car is stick shift. So I have to learn how to drive manual and on the wrong side of the road immediately. I get to meet him on Wednesday. Anyway I am really excited to start work and progress on my mission.

Love,

Sean Patrick Herrick

Displaying DSC00213.JPG

Displaying DSC00225.JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment