Saturday, February 7, 2015

02/02/2015







Hey,                                                                                                                       Feb. 2, 2015
So I found out that my next assignment is going to be in George. I keep hearing how much of a beautiful place George is. But it is very isolated from the rest of the mission. It is a two-man district. Which means that it will only be me and another guy there. I feeling that my next assignment might be a little tricky. But, I know that I can handle it. I leave for George by plane this Wednesday. 

Last Friday was my three month mark. So Elder Dangerfield and I celebrated by buying a ton of ice cream. It is so strange for me to think how fast the last three months have flown by. It is kind of sad that I am leaving Paarl. Adjusting to living here was very difficult for me in the beginning. But, as time has moved forward. I have really grown to love this place. 

Last Sunday we had three baptisms and they were awesome! First we had Tania. She was so excited! After that, Chris and Naomi were baptized. A huge chunk of the ward turned up to watch the baptism. It was such a happy experience! 

So Elder Dangerfield and I are going to spend the next couple of days saying goodbye to everyone in Paarl. it is also kind of sad saying goodbye to all the members of the Paarl ward. There is a very real chance that I will never see them again. Transfer week is always super stressful. I am very proud of all the work that we have done in Paarl though. Four baptisms in like one month is no easy feat.

I hope that in some point in the future I can visit Paarl again. It has a very special place in my heart. My new companion for this next transfer is Elder Mollki. I don't know very much about him. But I hope that all goes well for us as we try to turn things around in George.

I am eagerly waiting my next assignment and hope that I will be up to what ever challenge that I might face.

Love,

Elder Sean Patrick Herrick

Displaying DSCN5633[1].JPG

Elder Herrick, Tania , Elder Dangerfield
Displaying DSCN5630[1].JPG

  Elder Herrick  Chris, Naomi, Elder Dangerfield

Displaying DSCN5645[1].JPG

No comments:

Post a Comment