Monday, July 6, 2015

06/15/2015




Hey everyone,                                                                                      June 15,2015

Last Wednesday, I left George by plane and arrived in Cape Town. The AP's picked me up at the airport and drove me to the mission home where I met my new companion. He is Elder Gurney from Utah. We then drove to Tableview.

I am now serving in my new area. It is a part of Cape Town named Tableview. It is named after its view of Table mountain way on the other side of the bay. It is a very beautiful place. Especially closer to the sea.

The area in which we work has a lot of suburbs and flat complexes. Most of them are heavily gated so tracting is very ineffective. That means we have to do a lot of street contacting in order to find investigators.

We are attached to the Milnerton ward in the Bellville stake. It is in the same stake as Paarl. Which was cool because yesterday was ward conference and people serving in the stake from Paarl were there.

There are six missionaries total serving our ward. So we kinda have to share the members with them. The ward is greatly different then the small branch in George. It has a lot of members and is predominantly white.

It looks like Elder Dangerfield followed me into my next zone because he is now my zone leader which is very funny. The weather has been very cool and rainy lately across Cape Town due to the fact that it is winter.

I have a funny story for this week. We were teaching this Zimbabwean family and their child was crying so the mother decided to quite the child through breast feeding. The crazy thing was that she didn't even try to cover herself while feeding the baby.

 So the lesson got very awkward because I couldn't even look at the family. I then made the decision to cut the lesson short because there was no way I could feel the spirit anymore.

I am very excited to serve in Cape Town and for the experiences that I will have here.

Love,

Elder Sean Patrick Herrick

No comments:

Post a Comment