Monday, November 2, 2015

10/12/2015



Hey,                                                                                                          October 12th,2015

So a lot has happened! I am being transferred. I received a phone call Saturday night that I'm being moved to a place called Ilinge. It is about 35 mins outside of Queenstown in the Eastern Cape. It is also in the Xhosa heartland and probably the most rural place in the whole mission. 

It's 100% pure Xhosa. So it is almost like I'm getting transferred to another country. My companion is going to be Elder Founa from Utah.

I am leaving Wednesday morning by plane to East London. Than we will drive three hours north to Queenstown where I will live.

I said most of my goodbyes yesterday. It was awesome to see how many people's lives were touched by the gospel and the positive influence that we had one them.

I am sort of sad to leave this area though. I have many great memories of this place and built strong relationships with many of the people that I have come into contact with. 

Yes this was a difficult area. But at the same time, a very rewarding experience. We baptized three wonderful people who have tremendous potential. We taught countless others and I am sure that the seeds that we planted will be harvested by future missionaries. Cape Town has become almost a second home for me.

My last couple of P-days in this area have been fun. We went to Kirstenbosch gardens and then hiked a portion of Table Mountain and. It was hecka fun! It is always good to be among my fellow missionaries. They are like brothers to me. We also went to Cape Towns chinatown. All the merchants there are Chinese and they sell some very interesting goods.

In a few weeks, I will hit my year mark on mission. I can't believe how fast time has gone by. I'm planning on doing something cool for the day I turn one year.

Over the course of my mission, I have learned how of a good influence we can be in other people's lives. It really isn't the big things that we do either. It is the small and constant things that we do over a period of time that have the biggest impact.

Love,
Elder Sean Patrick Herrick

No comments:

Post a Comment