Monday, November 2, 2015

9/28/15




Hozit!                                                                                                   Sept. 28, 2015

So a lot has happened over the course of the last few weeks. A good time in for our area and investigators. We had a baptism on Sunday. The person being baptized was  a member referral and a father of a family. Though he is the only member of his family that has gone to church his wife and son seem interested so we're working with them as well. His name is Anton from Zimbabwe.

Anton gave a very powerful testimony after it was finished. He said "Before I joined the church I was afraid of death, but now I stand here today and I don't fear death because of the knowledge that I've received and I know that I am part of the true church!" Powerful stuff right?

This week went well in lessons. We went and worked on the ward list with the High Priest group leader. Visited a lot of people who have been inactive for a long time. Some seem willing to meet with us in the future. I hope that they do. This ward is in need of a boost of enthusiasm.

I also got to confirm Christian and Astride as members yesterday. First time I've ever done that! So yeah the work is moving forward.

P-days have been kind of a bore recently. Not a whole lot going on right now. I hope next Monday is better.

The weather has been very pleasant, though I'm not accustomed to it getting warmer the closer we are to Christmas.

So yeah mission life marches on. We had zone conference recently. Very spiritual moment for me! President Merrill spoke and and said some very profound stuff! He talked about how we serve in areas during seasons of time and the time that we have is very short. So that is why it is so important to make the most of the time that we have. Food for thought!\

So yeah things are going well here for me and I'm continually striving to refine myself to learn something new every day!

Love,
Elder Sean Patrick Herrick

No comments:

Post a Comment