Thursday, January 1, 2015

 11/6/2014


Hey Everyone!  
                                                                                                         
So life at the MTC keeps one very busy. The classes start early in the morning and extend all the way into the evening. Wake up time is 6:30 every morning. My companion and I have been getting up every day at 5:30 to go run around the MTC grounds. After that, we go the MTC gym and lift weights for like 10 mins. Breakfast is at 7:00 am. The food here is okay. Everything has a very different taste and smell than to what I am used to. We went to the Johannesburg temple on Tuesday. It was like an hour away so we had drive across Joberg. The streets are very narrow and everyone drives like a maniac. It's common for people to sell you stuff while your stopped at a red light. I think that I have heard like 14 different languages since I left home. The white people speak Afrikaans and the blacks speak Zulu. And everyone speaks a very British sounding English. The weather here is very fair, the sun shines often here. It is obvious the crime is a big deal here because the MTC is patrolled by armed security. There are 23 missionaries here. 10 from the US. And the rest are from various parts of Africa. The teachers here are all RMs. The instruction that I have received here as been very valuable. My companion's name is Elder Monyo from Tanzania. I can only understand him like 60% of the time. So teaching can be a real challenge. I am really looking forward to leaving the MTC and going to Cape Town. Cabin fever sets in really quick here. I hope that I can write more interesting things in the future. I love you guys so much!

Elder Sean Patrick Herrick

No comments:

Post a Comment